Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Best Homework Project Ever

I guess it all began on Sunday. My dad asked me to help him out by helping my sister Savanah and her friend Emily to put together a power point presentation for one of their school classes. He would have helped them, but he was going to be out of town for the week. I was happy to do it, but I was a little surprised because they are only in 9th grade. And they are supposed to do a power point presentation. I only had to do a total of 3 in my entire college career, and I just graduated last year! I later found out, that Emily (Nan's friend) had had to put together a power point presentation in the 6th grade... umm..... I could barely type in the 6th grade! The level of intelligence keeps growing with each new generation I suppose...

Anyway, the topic for their power point presentation was Tsunamis.

They had already typed everything out, so all they really needed me to do was bring my lap top over (my parents' computer doesn't have power point on it, and my dad was out of town with his lap top) and copy and paste the facts into a powerpoint presentation.
And figure out how in the world to convert a youtube video file to a what-cha-ma-callit file, so it can play without having to use the internet.
And put pictures into the power point as well.
And do a little editing.
And then save it to a thumb drive.
And... well, you get the idea ;)

Nan and Emily are such funny girls when they are together, that we were laughing the entire time. Ironic, because Tsunamis are not really that funny... But Nan and Em and I sure are!

So did you know that there are three primary causes of Tsunamis?
There are Volcanoes. There are Earthquakes. And there are Landslides. All of these usually take place under the ocean, and all cause Tsunamis.

But now there is a fourth cause of a Tsunami.

THE FAT MAN!








These showed-up under the subject of "tsunami" when we were searching google images for pictures. I laughed all last night about it. I was laughing when I woke-up this morning. I was laughing as I e-mailed it to my dad. I don't know if it is really that funny... but I sure laughed until I cried =)

So remember folks.

You've got volcanoes. You've got earthquakes. You've got landslides.

And you've got fat guys.

2 comments: